This is a first look at an implementation plan for the developmental education project I am working on for Sauk Valley Community College. For background, you can also see the project overview and literature review.
This is very broad at this point, but I’ll be building it out over the coming weeks and months.
Phase 1: Build Coalition, Get Feedback, Refine. (July-August 2017)
- Present plan to administrators at SVCC.
- Present plan to members of Developmental Education Committee.
- Meet with instructors, particularly in math and English departments.
Phase 2: Develop LTI Q&A Forum and Courses (August-October 2017)
- Research and/or develop plugin.
- Begin arranging course content.
Phase 3: Roll Out Courses (October 2017-January 2018)
- Work with instructors and instructional technologists to finish developing and arranging courses.
Phase 4: Begin Compiling Research (January-December 2018)
- Compile baseline research
- Monitor student progress
- Evaluate initial results (e.g. number of developmental education course placements)